Click to download a Donor Application
Each year, LARS assists families with food and gifts during the holidays. Applicants from the Greater Laurel area meet with individual caseworkers from LARS to determine their need and eligibility. There are several ways that you can help LARS during these busy holiday months:
- "Adopt a family" by providing gifts and food for one of our accepted families for the holidays. The approximate cost of this commitment is $50-$100 per person. Families are as small as 2 people and have been as large as 12!
- Purchase gifts to be distributed to those who are not "adopted" either because their application was received after the deadline or because there were not enough donor families to provide gifts for them. We also tend to have difficulty matching families with teenagers. Undesignated gifts specifically for teens are a tremendous help.
- Purchase gift cards for food and other items that can be used to complement gifts already provided or to give to families whose "wish lists" could not be fulfilled.
- Volunteer for a 2-4 hour shift to help distribute/sort gifts and food at LARS.
In addition to the standard gifts that may be purchased such as dolls and toy trucks, some other gift ideas include:
- Small MP3 players (for teenagers)
- Movie theater gift certificates
- Restaurant gift certificates
- Baby/toddler toys and clothing (for under age 3)
- Gift certificates for clothing stores
- Gift certificates to Target, Walmart, Kohl's, or Best Buy
Upon receipt of your donor application, we will match you with a family and mail or e-mail you information on your family including the ages of the children and their wish lists. If you have any questions about the Holiday Program, please contact Laura Wellford at 301.776.0442 x27 or email@example.com