Click to download an Application for Holiday Assistance
Families who would like to participate in the 2012 LARS Holiday Program must call 301.776.0442 AFTER OCTOBER 1, 2012 to schedule an appointment for an interview and to complete an application. Applications will be accepted from current LARS clients who have received assistance from LARS in 2012. Interviews will begin in early October and will conclude on December 3, 2012 or when the program reaches capacity. We are able to serve 125 families on a first-come, first-serve basis. Interviews will take place on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between 9:00am and 1:00pm, and on Monday evenings between 5:00pm and 7:00pm.
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS WITH YOU TO YOUR INTERVIEW:
- Birth Certificates for all children in family (birth record or school record will be required if no birth certificate is available)
- Recent 30 days of pay stubs for all working members of the family
- Proof of any other income such as child support, SSI, part-time job, etc.
- Copy of your lease
- Copies of your latest BGE bill, phone bill, cable bill, etc.
- Social Security cards for all household members
- Picture ID for each adult in the family
We cannot process your application until all of the above documents are in the file. Any missing documents must be submitted to LARS no later than two weeks after your interview.
Please come prepared with some gift ideas for each of your children. We will not put gift cards on the request sheet, so think of age-appropriate gifts for each of your children. Mom and Dad may also request gifts for themselves. All gift ideas should be valued at $25 or less. You may also request a Thanksgiving or December Holiday dinner through the Holiday Program.
We will send you a letter or e-mail to let you know of your acceptance or non-acceptance into the Holiday Program. If you have any questions, please contact Laura Wellford at 301.776.0442 x27 or firstname.lastname@example.org.