There are many ways you can help LARS:
- Donate non-perishable and non-expired food items to the LARS food pantry. Items that are most helpful are foods that require little preparation such as: canned soup, macaroni and cheese, peanut butter and jelly, tuna, cereal, canned spaghetti/ravioli, canned meat, and canned fruits and vegetables. Paper products, diapers, baby formula, and baby food are also helpful.
- Organize a canned food drive at your congregation, school, or workplace to benefit LARS clients
- Donate grocery gift certificates
- Donate Connect-A-Ride bus passes for transportation around the Laurel area
- Organize a school supplies drive at your congregation or workplace to benefit the children of LARS clients
- Donate stamps to help LARS stretch its office budget
- "Adopt a Family" for the holidays by participating in our Holiday Program
- Attend LARS' Annual Silent Auction & Bull/Oyster Roast (early June) or donate items to be used in the silent auction
- Organize a Fannie Mae Help the Homeless Community Walk at your church, school, workplace, or other group on behalf of LARS or sponsor walkers at a local elementary school
- Participate in the Annual Thanksgiving Morning 5K Turkey Trot & 1 Mile Fun Walk to Benefit LARS
- Volunteer to serve as an on-call language translator. Spanish and sign-language interpreters are especially needed.
- Volunteer a few hours a month to help organize and put away food in the food pantry (volunteers under 18 must be accompanied by an adult)
- Make a direct financial contribution to LARS (a 501c3 private nonprofit organization)
- Include LARS in your estate planning
- Make a financial contribution to LARS through your local church
- Ask your friends and family to make a donation to LARS on your behalf in lieu of a special occasion or holiday gift
For more information about how you can help LARS, please don't hesitate to contact us at (301)776-0442. We greatly appreciate your support!