Get Help with Food
LARS can assist individuals and families residing in the Greater Laurel area (zip codes 20707, 20708, 20723, and 20724) with food to help stretch their budgets to cover other critical expenses. Bread deliveries are made to LARS weekly. Clients may stop by to pick up bread as often as needed. If you are struggling to purchase groceries, let us help.
LARS provides food to eligible households on an individual basis, once every 30 days. The majority of food in the pantry is donated by individuals, schools, congregations, and community groups. LARS also receives state and county grants to purchase food, as well as food items from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
LARS makes every effort to make fresh fruits and vegetables available to our clients. Volunteers pick up produce from the Capital Area Food Bank on a bi-monthly basis throughout the year, and donations from Laurel's Community Garden are frequently delivered during the spring and summer months. Partnerships with local grocery stores and restaurants also help keep our pantry stocked with fresh produce and healthy food options.
Give Back. Fight Hunger.
Get Food Assistance
If you are a new client, please come prepared to your first visit with the following documents:
- A valid picture ID for all adult household members (driver's license, military, employee, etc.)
- Dates of birth for all household members
- Social security for all household members
- Proof of income (pay stubs or a letter from employer)
- Proof of need (such as a BGE bill and copy of cut-off notice, court eviction notice, or demonstrated inability to pay)
- Copy of a lease or a letter from landlord to verify address